Table of Contents
- Bootup Instructions
- SSH Access
- Persistent Folder Description
- Starting and Stopping Docker
- IP Addresses of Lidar/Computers
- Components of the Hyperspec AI Mapping Kit
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Adding New ROS Drivers
- Device Paths
- Recording Data
- Uploading Data to RoadMentor
Welcome to the Hyperspec AI – Mapping Kit Version 2, a powerful and comprehensive solution designed to revolutionize your mapping and perception endeavors. This manual will guide you through the setup, operation, and key features of the Mapping Kit, enabling you to unlock its full potential and achieve accurate and precise mapping results.
To ensure a successful bootup of the Hyperspec AI – Mapping Kit Version 2, please follow these instructions:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the Mapping Kit, ensuring that the subnet on your router uses the
- Connect a 12V power source to the Mapping Kit, ensuring that the positive terminal (red) is connected to the positive input and the negative terminal (black) is connected to the negative input.
- Allow a few moments for the bootup process to complete.
To access the Hyperspec AI – Mapping Kit Version 2 through SSH, use the following credentials:
Persistent Folder Description
The persistent folder, located at
/persistent, is where essential scripts and ROS workspace reside. The main ROS workspace directory is
/persistent/orangepi5-workspace, which contains subdirectories such as
build_isolated. These folders play important roles in the ROS compilation process and package management.
Starting and Stopping Docker
To start the Docker container, use the
./run_docker.sh script located in
/persistent/orangepi5-workspace/docker. This script automatically closes any previously running Docker containers and starts a new one. If the system is missing the Docker image
go360/ubuntu-dc-003, it will attempt to download it from the Docker repository on Dockerhub.com.
To stop the Docker container, run the command
docker stop dc-node-1.
IP Addresses of Lidar/Computers
- The IP address for the MID-360 Livox Lidar is the last three digits on the QR code sticker. This is the static IP that is configured by default in the host OS. If the number is 097 or 197, it will correspond with 192.168.1.197
- The IP address for the computer is
ROS (Robot Operating System)
The Mapping Kit utilizes ROS (Robot Operating System) for seamless integration and communication between components. The ROS workspace is located at
/persistent/orangepi5-workspace. The compilation process is performed using
catkin_make within this workspace.
Adding New ROS Drivers
To add new ROS drivers, clone the driver’s source code into the
src directory of the ROS workspace (
/persistent/orangepi5-workspace/src). After cloning, use
catkin_make to build the ROS workspace and incorporate the new driver. Consult the driver’s documentation for any additional dependencies or configuration steps.
The device paths for the various components are as follows:
- IMU Device:
- GPS Device:
- Camera Device:
- Lidar Communication: Communication with the MID-360 Livox Lidar is through the network using the IP address
To record data, ensure that the necessary ROS nodes are running and publishing the desired topics. Use the
rostopic list command to obtain a list of running nodes and the
ps aux | grep ros command to see all actively running rosnodes. Once confirmed, navigate to a new folder for data recording, such as
/persistent/drives/drive_0001, and run
rosbag record --split --all --duration=1m to start the recording process.
Uploading Data to RoadMentor
To upload data to RoadMentor, transfer the recorded files from the Mapping Kit to a PC that supports a web browser. Use the command
scp -r firstname.lastname@example.org:/persistent/drives/drive_0001 local_folder/drives/drive_0001 to copy the files. Then, log in to RoadMentor using your credentials and utilize the upload tool to select and upload the files to the platform.
Upon upload to RoadMentor, our automated pipeline will utilize sensor fusion and SLAM algorithms to create a registered point cloud and provide you a link to access your data.
Congratulations on your purchase of the Hyperspec AI – Mapping Kit Version 2! This manual has provided you with essential information and instructions to maximize the functionality of the kit. Should you have any further questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.